So as a new fun little thing that I thought I’d try out is to do about two articles every week about people that inspire me. I’ll sit down interview them about things that have affected them in life and then go and shoot a few photos of them. So for the first person I interviewed I chose my dad, Trent Grinkmeyer. I had a really good time talking to him and I definitely got to know my dad on a different level.
- The death of my sister. It reminded me and woke me up to the fact that the time we have on earth is limited and as much as we can predict when we may die, I cannot. I realized I better get on with living and I should quit wasting time with people trying to tell who I should be. I realized god gave me a talent and ability. My biggest fear is having to stand in front of him and saying I haven’t used my talents or abilities and what the repercussions of that would be.
- Go check out her blog: myhotelyorba.com
- The fact that I could change someones life for what they want it to be, to inspire people, motivate them. Just this feeling of riding a roller coaster, as your about to drop over the other side, just that rush.
- As a child: My mom. Saïd Aouita, my same height and weight at the time and he was a distance runner from Morocco. I just wanted that ability to run like him.
- Teenager: Doctor Porsche, the founder of Porsche, I wanted to create something that could go that fast.
- Today: Steve Jobs, my sister, and my wife. I generally get inspired by anything on any day.
- I think this is the greatest time to ever live. The possibilities are f*cking incredible. As an individual today you can do anything. It astounds me that someone can create an automobile that runs on electricity and a 15 year old can write a blog that changes the world. I don’t look at the negative and I like to look at the positive. The possibilities are endless.
- An immense impact. In a lot of ways creating a lot of barriers in my adult hood, yet have taught me how to move through challenges or problems, how to find the better side of people and how to be able to say “Screw it” and not be bogged down by people.
- Jackson Pollock, Franz Kline, Kenny Scarf, Keith Haring, Andy Warhol, Jeff Coons, Michael Basquiat, My wife (Ginger Grinkmeyer)
- If money was not an object, what would you be doing? And to apply that and live that. Do what your passionate and excited about doing and the money will come soon after.
- When you fail, be excited about it. Because at that point you know what not to do. You’ll fall on your face but eventually you’ll start running. Break out of your box and never settle for average.
- “Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
I hope that gave you the encouragement to get through the day today!
For more information on Trent you should definitely go check out his:
Facebook- Trent A. Grinkmeyer
Check back in tomorrow for another post! And don’t forget to subscribe on the side bar of the page to be notified for new posts and leave a comment below and tell me who inspires you :).