- I’m Hunter, I’m 21 years old, and I am a blogger, a digital media strategist, and a student. I’m majoring in writing for motion pictures, television, and digital media. I also do social media for a technology company; recipe photography, and run a personal blog called Always, Hunter.
- Choosing to do school differently from everyone else. I stared out being home schooled and then I went to a non-traditional high school called Ohana Institute, in Rosemary Beach FL. After graduating I stayed home to do school online so that gave me the ability to work on my job and continue my passion. I didn’t feel like going to a traditional school was right for me because I had already found what I wanted to do.
- Canon 5d mark iii with mostly the 50mm lens (food and portraits) and a 16-35mm lens that I use for travel and events.
- Obviously my mom, Colleen Duffley for photography, and my high school english teacher Ms. Sylvia.
- I started blogging because I have a dairy allergy and I met a little girl named Vivian, who also had a dairy allergy. Her mom asked me to start blogging for Vivian and the allergy world. From there I fell in love with blogging so much I wanted to create a lifestyle brand for people my own age. I created alwayshunter.com, which is all the things I love combined. I think I love blogging because it mixes all my loves: photography, music, and writing.
- I think the biggest key to creating a little network is blogging consistently. You miss a day blogging, you loose engagement from people. I think social media is definitely your best friend. I spend 3 hours commenting on peoples blogs and social media sites. Also learning photography and having your own photos is super important.
- The most important part about blogging: PASSION! To make any blog successful, you have to love what you’re doing. Blogging and making videos takes a ton of work and hours spent not just looking cute and filming/taking photos, but also writing posts, fixing something when it goes down, and just connecting with your readers. You want what you put out into the world to be authentic and real, and if you do that and absolutely love it along the way, then your blog will become a beautiful representation of who you are. I remember when I was traveling over the summer and I had to stay up hours after everyone else getting my posts ready, and then wake up super early to promote that day’s post, but it was worth it because I found value in what I was sharing. Following your dreams and working harder than everyone else is what it’s truly all about.
- It would start with it being cold outside because I don’t like what we’ve got going on now (super hot and humid). First, getting up and walking Charlotte, my dog. Then drinking a chai tea latte with soy milk and probably reading a really good book. Next would probably be getting ready while listening to Disney music. After that I’d be having lunch with my mom and friends. Then blog stuff and taking photos. And lastly, going to see a movie with my boyfriend, Jordan.
- Someone: Marla Carter, a photographer. Her photos are amazing. She just knows how to make the people she’s photographing just come off the page and make it look real.
- Something: Journaling. I think journaling gets my thoughts together and not be focused on just one thing.
- Bloggers and Youtubers:
Gal Meets Glam – her blog is so aesthetically pleasing and she knows how to market herself across all social media platforms to make her brand consistent. I also love how she makes each post an experience, through her photos and travels, so that you aren’t just reading about a specific outfit, but an entire moment.
The Golden Girl Blog – Jess’s writing is fun and makes you feel like you’re her best friend. And she has awesome tips and tricks for everyday things.
Pinch of Yum – my favorite food blogger! Her amazing eBook on food photography is how I learned to use my camera.
Fleur DeForce, Essie Button, Zoella are my favorite YouTubers. They just know how to connect with their audience and have amazing content. They make you feel like part of their lives whether they’re vlogging a busy day or showing you a new makeup tutorial. I also love the vegan YouTuber BonnyRebecca. She knows her stuff and has awesome “What I Eat In A Day” videos.
- Snowboarding in Telluride, CO
- Disney World
- Talking with my sister
- Dark chocolate peanut-butter cups
- Watching movies, especially About Time, which is one of my favorites.
- Fashion: Anthropologie, Topshop, JCrew, Courtniy Jean swimwear and Kate Spade New York
- Makeup: I wouldn’t be able to live without Tart Amazonian clay foundation. I love anything Urban Decay and definitely Mac lipstick in Rebel.
- “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. ” -Roald Dahl